Enter the polyamide ‘Greenolution’!
While continuing to offer the advantages of its class-leading products and solutions, sustainability remains a key challenge for Solvay teams.
As a result, the brand new solution Technyl® 4earth® has been developed, providing breakthrough environmental benefits as compared to traditional polyamide 6.6 (PA6.6).
High Performance Properties similar to traditional Technyl® PA6.6 grades
- Material viscosity similar to traditional Technyl®
- Material tolerance and variation in glass fiber content on level with virgin grades
- Hot runner moldable
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Good ageing performances
Move® 4earth®, leveraging a breakthrough patented transformation process* of technical fabrics
Industrialized in Poland, this patented process transforms stable sources of post-industrial or end-of-life technical textiles, such as automotive airbags, into premium quality engineering plastics. This unique technology offers novel eco-friendly products with similar performance when compared to traditional Technyl® grades. This innovation contributes to protect our natural resources leading to a healthier environment while still providing top-quality products and solutions.
Move 4earth® is supported by the European Commission (LIFE+ programme) and recently awarded the Pierre Potier Prize for sustainable and eco-responsible developments. For the fisrt time, an industrial player can provide an eco-friendly solution suitable for highly demanding applications.
Reducing environmental impact in key areas
Technyl® 4earth® significantly reduces the environmental impact of polyamide parts to a level that has never been reached before. Solvay’s initial cradle-to-gate assessment shows outstanding results: carbon footprint reduced by a quarter; consumption of non-renewable resources divided by two; and water use decreased by over two-thirds compared to traditional compounds!
Meeting target application requirements with an environmentally-friendly approach
- Automotive market: bearing cages, gear-shift housings, oil pans, oil separators, cylinder head covers, air intake manifolds, transmission covers, belt protection and tensioners…
- Electrical appliances: household, gardening and do-it-yourself appliances…
- Consumer and industrial goods: thermal breaks/window profiles, furniture components, industrial components, sports and leisure equipment, farming tools, 2-wheelers…
With Technyl® 4earth®, allying eco-design and high performance is now a reality!