Flame retardant Technyl®solutions
The use of polyamide in electrical equipment and consumer goods has increased consistently, driven by strong demand and compelling metal substitution properties. At the same time, industry regulations continue to grow tighter with respect to safety and fire hazards, and the need for fire and flame resistant polymer materials today is greater than ever.
With its Technyl® line, Solvay Engineering Plastics has developed a complete range of non-halogenated flame retardant polymer solutions for applications ranging from electrical protection devices, lighting, and renewable energies, to electronic consumer goods, household appliances and more.
Main Technyl® fire protection benefits
• Halogen-free flame retardant solutions with high aesthetic qualities
• Enables product miniaturization with superior flame resistance performance
• High fluidity even at low temperature to further reduce cycle time and machine wear
With unparalleled electrical performance, molding options, and mechanical strength, Technyl® halogen-free polyamides have demonstrated their value in numerous product designs. Technyl® combines functional efficiency with aesthetic qualities, integrating Solvay’s technical expertise and local presence worldwide with an innovative approach to development, production, and testing.
• Halogen-free polyamide grades
• UL94 V0 rating at a wall thickness of only 0.4 mm
• Unmatched thermal ageing properties (150°C electrical RTI)
• High comparative tracking index (CTI 0 for 600 volts and higher)
• UL and IEC certified
• In-house UL testing and certification services
• Specific color tailoring