Technyl® solutions for fluid parts in systems
Today’s fluid barrier applications require product materials that hold up under severe conditions. Exposure to harsh liquids, high pressure, and broad temperature ranges represents a tough, yet mission-critical challenge for both human safety and product performance.
Technyl® polyamide solutions from Solvay Engineering Plastics offer the chemical, vapor, and temperature resistance properties that manufacturers need for automotive and industrial applications. Particularly well-adapted for parts and systems involving fuel handling, pneumatics/hydraulics, cooling, and other containment requirements, Technyl® offers a flexible and cost-effective alternative to standard and long-chain polyamides.
Main Technyl® fluid barrier benefits
- Excellent chemical, temperature and UV resistance for a strong fluid barrier
- Bio-sourced materials for injection and extrusion applications
- High metal bonding capacity as a coating material
Keeping fluids where they belong
With extrusion and injection grades, Technyl® fluid barrier solutions cover your needs from pipes and tubes to salt-resistant automotive parts. Technyl® offers excellent metal bonding capacity, such as for coating aluminum to replace expensive copper tubing in cooling appliances and systems.
- Higher performance alternative to PA12
- Low humidity absorption
- Chemical resistance to road salts and water vapor
- Corrosion protection
- Reduced environmental footprint
- Several grades available, including glass-reinforcement, impact modified, and heat stabilized
REASONS TO CALL THE TECHNYL® FORCE
- High chemical resistance
Technyl offers the chemical resistance needed to seal batteries, increasing working life while preventing any electrolyte leakage or fire outbreak.
- Longer durability
- Holding up under pressure
- Fuel barrier